What does life look like post graduation from graduate school? I am about to find out!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Counting My Blessings!!

Note: the idea for this blog entry was stolen from my good friend Stevie (current Tucson YAV and AC grad). However, I modified the format for my own purposes. I have already seen so many ways that I have been blessed since getting here to Chicago so I wanted to go ahead and share with you what some of them are:
At work, I get my own desk, lamp, laptop, phone, key and email address.
I AM SO BLESSED
My roommates are all Buffy and Arrested Development fans.
I AM SO BLESSED
I've already been given major responsibilities at work and I've only been there two weeks.
I AM SO BLESSED
I have a 45 minute commute each way every day which gives me plenty of reading time.
I AM SO BLESSED
I'm learning how to cook and I am starting to get really good at it.
I AM SO BLESSED
I live in a house without a TV and I am finding myself actually enjoying the peace and quiet.
I AM SO BLESSED
I am getting to develop new gifts for ministry that I didn't even know I wanted to develop.
I AM SO BLESSED
I mentioned to the pastor at LakeView how much I missed playing in Bell Choir and she said they would look into the possibility of adding one at some point over the next year.
I AM SO BLESSED
I get to use my movie knowledge at work for the benefit of others.
I AM SO BLESSED
I work with a bunch of Glee fans.
I AM SO BLESSED
I have time and the space to do Yoga every morning before I go to work
I AM SO BLESSED
My second day here, I walked into a thrift store that was playing a Faith Hill song.
I AM SO BLESSED
My friends and family back home miss me but are so proud of me.
I AM SO BLESSED
So, as you can see, I have been blessed in so many ways just in the two weeks I have been here. I think I am slowly starting to get the hang of this whole being an adult thing. Tonight, I made tacos for dinner and they turned out really well. True, tacos aren't that hard to make but this is me we are talking about here. It represents a major victory in my life. Tomorrow night, I am in charge of Cafe Pride as the Associate Pastor is out of town this weekend. I'm nervous as I have only been once and already I am running it but I have some experienced volunteers helping me so hopefully everything will run smoothly. Must go now as I have a long night tomorrow and must run errands in the morning and afternoon. Remember, Jesus loves You (and so do I)!!

1 comment:

  1. Tad, I love it! I didn't know you did yoga. I'm trying really hard to get into it, too.

    Much love and god bless, fellow YAVROO!

    love stevie

    ReplyDelete

Followers